Trimming is like a much-needed haircut, one that enhances your hair quality and also encourages hair growth. A trimming means taking off the least amount of hair possible to make it look healthy again.
Trimming your hair in every 12 to 15 weeks that can make our hair look healthier and thicker and also help to get rid of split ends, we must trim our hair at regular basis for tangle free hair.
In salons, we spend our money on various treatments of hair and spas. But you know little cutting of hair in regular basis is also important for our hair style but when it comes to cutting our hair, we always delay it as much as possible all the times, because we don’t want to lose the length of our hair.
But because of not cutting or trimming of our hair is more bad than good to our beautiful look.
Trimming is an very important to grooming and maintain the shine and overall health of hair. In this article we know how to trim your hair at home and also know some important tips that are important for our hair. If you feel that your hair grows faster than you can get a trim every in three months. Similarly, if your hair grows slowly then you can trim once every three-four months.
BENEFITS OF HAIR TRIMMING
- Hair trimming helps remove nasty-looking split ends
- It promotes healthy hair growth
- It helps with hair breakage
- The process helps remove damaged hair
- Makes styling much easier as rough ends are eliminated
- It will make your hair look much thicker and healthier right from the root to the tip
- If you have frizzy hair then you must trim your hair more frequently as it helps keep frizz under control
- After trimming, you will be able to detangle your hair much easily
HOW TO TRIM HAIR AT HOME
Step 1: Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and apply conditioner if you have really dry hair
Step 2: Wrap a towel or plastic sheet around your neck to avoid getting hair all over your skin
Step 3: Section your hair into four and comb it properly
Step 4: Now, take one section and use your index and middle fingers to grab your hair from the bottom
Step 5: With a sharp scissor, cut in the parallel direction. Repeat the process till all the sections are done
TIPS WE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING TRIM IN SALOON
- Before getting hair trimmed at a salon, make sure that you talk to your hairstylist that how much portion you want to cut.
- If you do not wish to cut your hair, look for treatments for damaged hair and split ends
- An alternative to hair trimming is hair dusting, which is basically a borderline of haircut. Stylists only dust the ends of your locks to make them look more healthy and fresh. This way, you don’t lose any length
- While you can trim your hair every two months, you must trim your bangs in every 2 to 4 weeks at home also.
MYTHS AND TRUTHS ABOUT HAIR LOSS
- Cutting helps in Hair grows faster
WRONG: Cutting your hair only affects the shaft, but not the root growth, which is the part responsible for growth and premature loss. Getting your hair cut may mean it will help you to remove your split ends and hair look healthier but not helps you in growth and loss of hair.
- Greasy hair falls more
TRUE: When your scalp produces too much sebum and you don’t get rid of it, you may find that more of your hair falls out. This is because sebum (oil) makes your hair ‘dirty’. Focus on your scalp too when washing your hair if you notice that sebum and dirt build up, making sure that you always use gentle products that are suitable for your hair type.
- Stress and anxiety can affect hair loss more
TRUE: Due stress and worry hair falling more